WHAT IS KEY CLUB?
Find out who we are, what we do, and why you should join us. If you think we make keys, then this page is a must read.
Key Club is an international, student-led organization that provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character, and develop leadership.
I pledge, on my honour, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school, and community; to serve my nation and world; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these constitutions.
WE'R A SERVICE ORGANIZATION.
- Key Club International is the world’s biggest and best student-led service organization.
- There are 270,000 Members in over 5,000 clubs spread out among 38 countries.
- We give members opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership.
- This is in line with our core values of leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness.
- We have service opportunities all throughout the school year and sometimes in the summer so you can volunteer whenever you can.
OBJECTIVES OF KEY CLUB
- LEADERSHIP- Leadership is grounded in humility and service to others. A true leader listens, recognizes, and empowers.
- CHARACTER BUILDING- Character is built everyday through acts of kindness, integrity, and teamwork to grow stronger relationships and communities.
- CARING- Compassion for others is a cornerstone of the Key Club experience, inspiring action and service to one’s community.
- INCLUSIVENESS- We welcome people of all backgrounds and ethnicities to join in serving and making a positive experience in the world.
Key Club aims to cooperate with school principals and teachers to provide high school students with invaluable experience in living and working together and to prepare them for useful citizenship. Our members develop initiative and leadership skills by serving their schools and communities.
In doing so, we hope to promote and accept the following ideals:
To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.